Students work from a live model.
Models take the same pose each night for the entire month.
Students are welcome to draw, paint, or both. Less experienced artists are encouraged to learn drawing first.
The second step is the Grisaille,
a one-tone painting with a thin wash of oil color.
Intermediate and advanced artists use the full palette with several techniques:
Palette knife, Alla Prima, Glazing, and Scumbling. These will be explained in class.
• Paint with your eyes, your mind, and your intuition. Technique comes second.
• Get in over your head and take on big challenges.
• Think abstractly. Don’t attach a name to the things you paint.
• Focus on the process more than the outcome.
• Learn from the Masters, but Don’t imitate.
• Paint directly, use a knife, and load it up.
• Have some fun & don’t obsess.
• Feeling is everything!